Saturday, 31 December 2011

Last one this year

For a few weeks, I haven't managed to write anything. The reason was that my bf and I spent Christmas in England with his family. On the day of our departure, I got a really bad cold and the flight probably made it worse, so I spent a lot of time in bed and had a lot of rest. I'm still not back to normal and it will take me some more time to recover, but I'm a lot better already and we came back from England two days ago.

Anyway, due to the cold I just couldn't be bothered to even try to find a way to go on the internet, let alone write blog entries and so I had almost two weeks completely offline! Since I'm still not feeling that well, I won't write much today. This is the last day of the year 2011 and I'm not feeling a lot about that, probably due to my cold which has made my emotional life quite shallow for now. 2011 brought a lot of changes and my future is more uncertain than ever, but I think that is a good thing. Finally, I have choices.

I'm reading a book by Adrian Plass at the moment: "Jesus - Safe. Tender, Extreme". A very good, very honest book which is in some way almost healing to read since Adrian Plass is very honest in what he says about being a Christian and about how often we get it wrong and make it so much harder for ourselves and others than it would have to be, harder than it should be. I wish there were more people like Adrian Plass out there, more people who are honest about Christianity and being a Christian, who don't use big, complicated words or keep telling us that if we don't think in exactly their way, we will be sent to hell. I think if there were more people like Adrian Plass, Christianity would have a much better image!

So far my thoughts for today. Once I feel better, I will write more often again. All my best wishes to everyone for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment