Last night I was on my way to the bar where I work and I usually cycle there. I wanted to cycle into a small, one-way street - I cycled in there from the "wrong" end, but it's only one-way for cars, cyclists are allowed to go in both directions. The sun was shining so I couldn't see properly. The road did look a little different there, but I thought it was just we, cycled on - and suddenly was standing in fresh, wet tar and some guy from the road construction yelled at me. A guy behind me (he was on the sidewalk) yelled back at him that he should have put up a sign. I turned round again and stood in the tar with my shoes as well - my new, expensive shoes, of course! And there was no sign, no barrier, nothing to catch someone's attetion before they innocently step on the tar.
I took the long way to work and was so angry. Germans have too many signs on the road and bloody failed to put one where it really would have been necessary. I don't get that! Last night, my bf and I spent an hour removing the tar from my shoes with petrol and I was so angry. Of course, there is nobody I can blame, nobody I can walk up to to complain!
It was basically a horrible end to a day which hadn't started out well. The shoes are ok now, the pair of jeans I was wearing still isn't. Tonight I probably have to take the tram since it is raining so badly. I prefer taking the bike, but I don't want to get wet, either.
I'm actually ready for the weekend already!
No comments:
Post a Comment