Sunday, 11 September 2011

A Dream Coming True

About 11 years ago, relatives took my 1 1/2 years younger sister and me to the island Mallorca for a holiday. One night we walked past a hotel where they had a small show going and we sat down just to watch the rest of the show. It was a mini-version of "Alegría" by the Cirque du Soleil and the were playing the song "Alegría". I remember sitting there, fascinated, the dark sky above me, the music playing and I was lost in there, in the melody, the music and the mystery. I was 15 years old.

When we were back at home, I bought the CD and tried to find out more. I wished that one day I would be able to see the show, but I also thought I knew that it was unlikely that they would ever come anywhere close to where I was living and I had almost given up on the hope of one day seeing the real "Alegría" by the Cirque du Soleil.

Some weeks ago I saw the advertising. They will be in Bremen in October. I decided that I had to see them, but I wasn't sure if we were going to have enough money for the tickets. And then we had a flood in the cellar in July and got some money to make up for all the hours we spent tidying up. We first decided on saving it, but then I talked to my boyfriend and asked him if we shouldn't rather spend it on tickets for the show. He agreed and so i went and bought the tickets. And since then I have been looking forward to it and still am. It's hard to explain, but I was mesmerized, excited and completely happy. It was that one song, but it changed so much. Maybe it is the essence of "Alegría", maybe it expresses what exactly "Alegría" means and puts it into music and makes people yearn for more.

It's still more than a month before the big day, before the dream will come true which I had as a 15-year old girl - of one day seeing the original show "Alegría"live! I can hardly imagine it's going to come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment